
Hello!!! So I didn't necessarily post these pics in the correct order, so I am going to just type, randomly show you a photo, and maybe someday I will have the patience to cleverly arrange everything just so, but today I've had a bowl of cereal, a 32oz Mountain Dew (it's either that or start smoking ciggerettes again, will explain later), and it's 4:00. I'm not very patient right now.
This is our home!!! We left for Texas Saturday morning around 6:45am, and got to Jesse's house around 11:30. We stopped a few times, because the truck and trailer combination got about 8 miles to the gallon, plus we ate a few times...but when I arrived at the house, it was much more than I was expecting. I was expecting a normal house, but our street looks like we live on country club lane, which is really nice. It's good to see single women walking their dogs after the sun sets, you know?
Our wonderfully spacious living room, with the 52" tv and fireplace....
Which was a sight for sore eyes after looking at THIS all day long.Gross.
So about the smoking ciggerettes thing. The traffic here is pretty crazy. It's okay when it's in the afternoon, but on my birthday we made the mistake of trying to get to a Cold Stone Creamery to get a birthday cake...we left the house at 5:02pm. NOT a good idea. Plus, the Garmin, which has been right about 75% of the time, (I'm pretty sure it wants to take us to a secluded field and kill us someday) directed us to a place where the delicious ice cream shoppe had closed down a few months before, despite updating our map before leaving. So we're navigating in traffic that is moving 70mph, weaving in and out of lanes, not sure where we are or where we should be going...and the sun is in our eyes so we can't see anything. I don't mind the traffic so much, but it pretty much puts Clint in the fetal position, so between my "We'll get there" attitude and his "Jamie, quit waiting til the last second to tell me to change 3 lanes!!!!" panic mode, it's been interesting getting around. Earlier that day we went to downtown Austin to look around, and the exits were pretty sporatic...we passed the exit for 32nd street, thinking we had a bit before we were going to be near 6th street...but then all of a sudden, "Exit for 3rd-8th streets, 1/4 mile"!!!!...we were pretty much yelling at eachother the whole time, and then I just decided to stop talking. The whole experience made me want to go buy a carton of Kools, but I can't start doing that. Pretty sure they'd make me sick anyway.
Today was a much more successful day. We got up and bought groceries at the fancy Round Rock (fancier suburb north of us) grocery store called H-E-B, we bought avacados the size of grapefruits, and looked at the selection of fresh salmon/shrimp/crab legs that we COULD buy, but didn't yet...Chicken is more expensive here, it was like $7 for 3 breasts, but maybe that was just the store we were in.
I'm going to start applying for a "filler" job while I slowly figure out what the heck I want to do here. I did apply at a radio station before we moved down, but it seems like everyone is on a hiring freeze. There's a cute coffee shop on every corner, so I may take that route. I'm thinking I may go back to school---we looked on Career Builder the other day, and there are still a lot of jobs down here, it's just sorting through the crap jobs that are like, "make $60,000 a year selling crap to people". In time...in time...
The Kiva Kitty is very happy here in Texas. She was good on the ride down here, she slept in my lap the whole time and only meowed when I tried to put her in the kennel while we stopped for gas or whatever. She's been very active here in the house, and she'll jump up in our laps while we're watching TV. I think she's pretty happy.
Clint already got pulled over...the cop drove right past me--I was talking on my cell phone, not wearing my seat belt, there was a cat in my lap, and I have a tail light that is broken--he actually CUT ME OFF to pull over Clint, and give him a ticket only for not wearing a safety belt. They can pull you over for that here. So he now has a ticket where he has to drive 3 hours to some crappy north Texas town and appear in court--he would just pay it, but it could be a fine over a hundred bucks, so he's going to TRY and fight it. We'll see...
I'm kind of scatter brained right now...it's been a really really crazy few days. But we're staying out of trouble...we're real happy, and now all we have to do is get our shit together and OFFICIALLY get settled. We're going downtown tonight to experience 6th Street--they close down the street and local musicians play all over the place. Jesse and I have the same birthday, and since he had to work at 5am the morning after our actual birthdays, we're officially celebrating tonight...AFTER we eat at a sushi restaurant. Lalalala.

No comments:
Post a Comment